Report of the Ontario Host Conference
The Ontario Host Coordination Project is a new initiative in 2007 to build and support a network among Ontario Host agencies.
The Ontario Host Conference took place near the beginning of the Coordination project. It was an opportunity for representatives of Host Programs in Ontario to meet each other and learn about each others programs. They also met members of the Host Coordination Team for the first time.
The objectives of the conference were to:
- Clarify values and goals of the Host Program
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and pressures for the Host Program
- Develop a vision for a provincial Host network
- Identify key priorities for planning and action
- Guide the Host Coordination Team on the development of tools and resources
Participants were very pleased that Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Ontario Region, has committed additional resources to the Host program, and also excited about the possibilities of a network for enhancing the Host program at their individual agencies and throughout the province.
Discussions about specific plans for the Host Coordination project provided team members with direction from Host program staff for ongoing work on an Ontario Host website, various communications and promotions tools, a program manual, and a professional development plan for the program.