OCASI Anti-Racism Policy
History of Immigration and Settlement
Evaluation Forms for Training Programs
Counsellor Self-Assessment Form
This section provides activities to help participants understand how to effectively assess client needs and how clients express and approach their problems. It seeks to help participants understand the skills necessary to do proper assessment and gives them an opportunity to begin developing those skills.
The activities included in this module are designed to:
- Increase participants' awareness of how individuals in different cultures express their personal problems behaviourally and where they seek help for their problems.
- Provide participants with an effective framework for client assessment.
- Improve participants' ability to determine whether the counsellor, the client or the environment owns a problem, in order to better facilitate change.
- Help participants explore common problem ownership dynamics between settlement counsellors and their clients.
- Give participants an understanding of the victim/rescuer/persecutor model, as a tool for better assessing client-counsellor relationships.
Format: This document is available for download in Adobe Acrobat PDF format [656 KB, 28 pages].