Information to help you accurately assess whether a client is in active crisis and to respond with appropriate counselling strategies
- Immigrant Settlement Counselling: A Training Guide
- This resource is an attempt to describe the dimensions of settlement work and to provide tools that can be used to train workers to be effective settlement counsellors - 2000.
- Immigrant Settlement Counselling: A Training Guide - Part II - Module 6: Crisis Intervention
- This section provides activities to help participants understand how to work with a client who is in a crisis situation, effective intervention techniques and provides insight into how people approach and deal with crisis differently.
- Immigrant Settlement Counselling: A Training Guide - Part II - Module 7: Mental Health Issues
- This section provides activities to help participants understand mental health issues, what mental health issues newcomers may face and how to access the mental health support networks and services in their community.
Related Web Sites
- Education Wife Assault - Research
- Information about violence prevention, for non-profit service professionals, from Education Wife Assault.
- Social Work Glossary
- Definitions to commonly used words in the social work field.
Pages on the wiki
To tag a wiki page to be part of this category, enter the following code on the page:
Below is a list of pages tagged with this category:
|This page is part of the SettlementAtWork Archive.|