Victims of Torture and Trauma
From Settlement AtWork Wiki
Information and resources to help you provide effective service, information and referral and interventions to victims of torture and trauma.
- Coming to Terms with Torture and Organized Violence: An Interactive Workshop Manual for Service Providers and Befriending survivors of Torture: Building a Web of Community Support
- A manual and workshop are based on the findings of a participatory research study of the Befriending Program at the Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture (CCVT)- 2000.
- Guidebook on Vicarious Trauma: Recommended Solutions for Anti-Violence Workers
- This guidebook is written for those individuals who have chosen to dedicate a time in their life to work with abused women, children and their abusers - 2001.
- Immigrant Settlement Counselling: A Training Guide - Part II - Module 7: Mental Health Issues
- This section provides activities to help participants understand mental health issues, what mental health issues newcomers may face and how to access the mental health support networks and services in their community - 2000.
- IRB Training Manual on Victims of Torture
- This manual is used as a guide by Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) Members and Refugee Protection Officers (RPOs) of the Refugee Protection Division (RPD) when dealing with victims of torture in the context of refugee status determination proceedings - 2004.
Pages on the wiki
To tag a wiki page to be part of this category, enter the following code on the page:
[[Category:Victims of Torture and Trauma]]
|This page is part of the SettlementAtWork Archive.|