Understanding LINC - Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada
|Org:||Citizenship and Immigration Canada|
The Understanding LINC binder was produced for use of the participants in a workshop offered to coordinators in Ontario-based organizations delivering the Language Instructionto Newcomers to Canada (LINC) program. This workshop is intended to provide participants with an opportunity to review and learn about different approaches to English as a Second Language instruction for adults and the LINC childminding program.
Resources and materials to assist LINC program coordinators in their daily work have also been included in this document.
The document is broken into the sections below. Each is available for individual download (Adobe Acrobat PDF format):
- INTRODUCTION (970 KB, 20 pages)
- SECTION 1: Understanding the LINC Classroom (3.8 MB, 64 pages)
- SECTION 2: Understanding the Childminding Program (2.6 MB, 92 pages)
- SECTION 3: Understanding Administration & Management (500 KB, 52 pages)
- SECTION 4: Ontario Settlement Program Listings (600 KB, 39 pages)
- These documents are available for download in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. The entire Manual/Guide is 7.8 MB and 267 pages.
- Date Published