SettlementAtWork:Terms and conditions
Welcome to the Settlement At Work wiki that allows anyone involved in the Settlement sector of Ontario to collaborate with each other, share and access information. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
The Settlement At Work wiki is managed by the Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants.
Read more here: SettlementAtWork:About.
Acceptance of these terms and conditions of use
IMPORTANT: We reserve the right to block access to, delete, or amend any content which you add, modify or delete, as and when we deem appropriate (at our absolute discretion) from time to time, without notice to you. Additionally if we receive any complaint in relation to any content you have contributed, altered, or removed, we shall also be entitled to terminate your access to this wiki. Where we consider it appropriate, we will contact you to inform you that a complaint has been received, of our evaluation of the allegation, of the action that we have taken, and of the steps (if any) we require you to take.
IMPORTANT: You must not use this wiki as a place to post negative or disparaging comments about any institution, group or individual. This wiki is a place to discuss and explore professional development information and a place to discover collaborative work opportunities. At our sole discretion, we will remove content that is either off-topic, inflammatory or insulting.
Modifications to this user notice
Principles for wiki participation
Whether you are playing a contributor or maintainer role, there are five principles that should guide your participation:
- Be accurate, fair, thorough and transparent.
- Accuracy is ensured by sourcing all material to reliable references (e.g., Settlement sector websites, major newspapers, encyclopedias, university press-published books, etc.)
- Fairness and balance is ensured by maintaining a neutral, unbiased tone in your writing. Do not "label" individuals, groups or government departments with negative or biased terms or jump to conclusions.
- To be thorough, make sure that you have done research on a broad range of stakeholder perspectives and used a variety of sources before writing an article on this wiki.
- If you have a vested interest or personal connection to an issue that is being discussed, it is best to state your connection in a transparent fasion.
- Encourage constructive criticism and deliberation. Be cordial, honest and professional at all times. Recognize that valuable contributions can come from unexpected places. Even a new settlement worker with only a few weeks of experience might have some valuable insights about the settlement sector.
- When you think you have an insight or relevant point to share with others, share it, where appropriate. If you think that you "know better" or that you have found an error, say so with respect and in a polite tone. Remember that it is hard to communicate emotion or tone online; as such, you may have to really make an extra effort to ensure you come across as friendly and positive.
- Connect with other wiki users both online and off-line (e.g., on the phone or in person). Always start your involvement on this wiki by looking for what you can improve upon. Evaluate your work on this wiki based on how much you improved something.
Be a valuable collaborator
- Working to improve this wiki can be good for your career, because people outside your work unit will become aware of your skills and ideas. Making high-quality contributions to this wiki enhances your reputation. Specifically, participants must refrain from criticizing governments (or government policies); as well, participants must not make partisan political comments on this wiki that might detract from the actual or perceived political impartiality of the settlement sector.
Although the information provided on this website is obtained or compiled from sources we believe to be reliable, OCASI makes no warranty as to the accuracy, validity, timeliness or completeness of any such information or data. OCASI has used reasonable care and skill in compiling the content of this website, however this website may contain typographical errors or technical inaccuracies. Information may be changed or updated without notice. OCASI may also make improvements and/or changes in the content of this website at any time without notice.
Any third party websites that may be accessed through this website are the sole responsibility of the third party who is posting the website. OCASI makes no warranty as to the accuracy, validity, timeliness or completeness of any such information or data on such third party websites. OCASI accepts no liability for any errors and omissions or for any damage or injury to persons or property arising out of the use or operation of any materials, instructions, information, methods or ideas contained on such third party websites. Users wishing to rely upon this information should consult directly with the source of the information.
The fact that OCASI has provided a link to such third party websites is not an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship or affiliation by OCASI with respect to such websites, its owners or its providers. OCASI is providing these links only as references to assist you to locate other internet resources and only as a convenience to you.
INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON INFRINGEMENT OR TITLE.
OCASI ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, LOST PROFITS, REVENUE, USE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER BROUGHT IN CONTRACT OR TORT, ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS WEBSITE, THE INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE OR THE USE, RELIANCE UPON OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY MATERIAL CONTAINED IN (INCLUDING CONTENT SUBMITTED THROUGH THE MY SETTLEMENT SERVICE BY USERS) OR ACCESSED FROM THIS WEBSITE OR ANY LINKED WEBSITE, EVEN IF OCASI IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
This agreement between you, the user and OCASI shall be governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, the laws of the province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein. You hereby consent and submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the province of Ontario in any proceeding related to this agreement.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and OCASI with respect to the subject matter hereof and cancels and supersedes any prior understandings and agreements between the parties hereto with respect thereto. There are no representations, warranties, forms, conditions, undertakings or collateral agreements, express, implied or statutory between the parties other than as expressly set forth in this agreement.