|SettlementAtWork Portal pages|
Our newsletter will contain information on new content that is added to Settlement.Org At Work. It will also have announcements and other important news that will be of interest to you.
You will receive the free Settlement.Org At Work Newsletter in your email every other Thursday.
Note: The email that you provide will not be shared with anyone or any other agency.
If you have any problems with the Settlement.Org newsletter please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content added to the SettlementAtWork:Websites are highlighted in the bi-weekly AtWork newsletter. The types of postings are in the following areas relevant to the settlement sector of Ontario:
- RFPs (Requests for Proposals)
After the launch of the a redesign of the At Work site, the Newsletter will be redesigned to pursue the following principles:
- develop links within the settlement sector;
- foster collaboration among settlement;
- highlight valuable information in the settlement sector;
- support information-sharing among organisations providing settlement services.
The redesign of the newsletter will have the following changes:
Any redesign of the newsletter will bring the style closer to the new Settlement At Work websites. This will involve changing the newsletter format from current simple text to an HTML-based design.
Basic elements to be included in every newsletter:
- Link to the SettlementAtWork site and wiki and blog
- Link to the twitter account
- email@example.com email address
- Link to the mailing list
- Link to the newsletter archives
Poll / Survey
A poll or a survey can help SettlementAtWork gauge the interest of newsletter recipients to various events and get feedback on the site and get responses on various issues.
- Would you attend a learning session about mobile websites? More info here.
- Yes / No
- What do you think of the new At Work site re-design?
- Great / Good / It's okay / It's terrible / No comment
Blog post highlight
With the launch of the new SettlementAtWork:Blog, the bi-weekly newsletter will highlight the latest blog post with a caption and a link to the full blog post.
The newsletter is also a way to share information from the sector, to get engagement on projects that may not be completed or ready for launch. Such "half-baked projects" in the settlement sector can benefit from engagement by the sector for better advice, direction or involvement from others.
On November 3, 2011, there was a redesign of the newsletter to coincide the launch of a redesigned Settlement At Work main site. The newsletter now uses the MailChimp newsletter system, to bettter manage the mailing list by giving users more control over how they subscribe, as well as providee us with new options for design and delivery.