From Settlement AtWork Wiki
Portal discussion: Services
|| Wednesday, January 18, 2012
|| 9:15am - 12:30pm
This event took place 2407 days ago!
Settlement At Work is more than a website: Settlement At Work is a knowledge hub bringing together practitioners and experts to collaborate, connect, share and build capacity. At this inaugural event, we are forming the Settlement At Work Hub Group to present what makes us tick and what we're developing behind the scenes, as well as finding out from you how we can better support you in your work in the settlement sector.
Innovators, practitioners and experts in the settlement sector are invited to participate in this event, discussion, meeting and collaborative exercise. The aim of this event is to:
- determine the foundational learning across settlement service providers about providing settlement services to newcomers
Register early, as there is limited space.
- Registration, greetings & overview
- Settlement At Work, described
- The goals of Settlement At Work, and about being the knowledge hub for the settlement sector in Ontario.
- Discussion: Towards a common discussion about the sector
- Presentation: LIPS & The Pathways document
- Discussion: Foundational understanding Settlement Services
- Douglas Bastien is the Online Capacity Development Facilitator at OCASI - The Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants. He runs Settlement At Work and is responsible for increasing capacity in the sector, implementing Web 2.0 technologies and making collaboration as part of its DNA.
- Sandra Guerra is the Partnerships Coordinator for Toronto East Local Immigration Partnerships
- Innovators, practitioners and experts in the settlement sector who are already familiar with Settlement At Work
- Practitioners in the settlement sector involved in providing services for the settlement sector
- Feel free to bring your laptop. In fact, please do.
- WIFI access will be available;
- For regular news about the sector and to find out about events like this, please feel free to sign up to the Settlement At Work mailing list;
- Upon registration your email address will be automatically added to a mailing list of of Settlement At Work Innovators. You can unsubscribe from the list at any time. My use of the list is very irregular but not overbearing.
Location - how to get there!
- 815 Danforth Ave, Toronto, On, M4J 1L2