Professional Development Conference
|Click here to watch this page and receive an email notification when this page has been edited!|
The OCASI Professional Development Conference is designed for frontline workers, program coordinators, and managers in the settlement sector. Participation is open to OCASI member agencies and other immigrant and refugee serving organizations in Ontario that receive funding from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and/or the Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration (MCI).
The OCASI Professional Development Conference provides an opportunity for staff from immigrant and refugee-serving agencies across Ontario to come together, network, share information about new initiatives, and exchange a wealth of expertise with each other in a relaxed and inspiring setting. The settlement sector is dynamic and always changing. This conference facilitates training and learning, equipping leadership and staff with the most current information and tools to deliver innovative, effective programs.
The Conference will give participants the opportunity to:
- Develop, update and acquire new skills, information and knowledge
- Identify and prepare for emerging trends in the settlement sector
- Share strategies and tools for effective service delivery
- Learn best practices from sector colleagues
- Build relationships with your professional peers
- Support and strengthen your Council through active participation
- Develop and enhance supportive regional networks among settlement agencies
- Become aware of advocacy issues and provide input into the activities of the Council
Project information and updates are posted on the Professional Development Conference website. The website URL is http://ocasi.org/pdconference
Project Management and Funder
2012 Professional Development Conference
- Conference Report and Evaluation File:2012 PD Conference Report and Evaluation PDF.pdf
Past Professional Development Conferences
At the 2012 PD Conference:
- 354 participants attended from 131 agencies from across the province
- 97.7% of participants rated the conference "excellent" or "very good"
- 40 workshops, 6 drop-in sessions and an orientation session about OCASI for new workers were conducted