Know Your Rights: A Guide to Human Rights Rental Housing in Ontario
|Org:||Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation (CERA)|
This booklet on human rights and rental housing in Ontario was produced by CERA as part of the Northern Housing Rights project that investigated the experiences of housing discrimination among First Nation, Metis and Inuit people in Northwestern Ontario. It covers topics such as:
- The Human Rights Code
- Prohibited Grounds
- What Is Discrimination Under the Code?
- Forms of Discrimination
- Your Rights When Applying For Rental Housing
- What Can Housing providers Ask For?
- When You Have A Disability
- Duty to Accommodate
- Common Examples of Housing Discrimination
- Getting Support
- This document is available for viewing in PDF format.