Help:Uploading a file
- Log in to this wiki
- From the left hand menu under "toolbox" select "Upload file".
- Click the browse button to search your computer for the file that you want to upload.
- Type in the "destination file name".
- Type in a short, meaningful description of what the file is and/or why it is being uploaded (optional)
If you want to link to the file from a wiki page, you will need to do the following:
- Go to the wiki page that you want add a link to
- Select the "edit" tab at the top of the page
- Place your cursor at the spot within the existing text where you would like to insert the link to your document
- Copy and paste the following text:
[[Media:destination_file_name.xyz|Description of document you are linking to]]
- Edit the text you have just pasted to reflect the actual "destination file name" and the "description of the document you are linking to". The latter will appear as hyperlinked text on the page once you save it.
- To preview the page, click on the "Show preview" button at the bottom of the screeen
- If you are satisfied with your changes, click "Save page"
To link to a a document whose destination file name is Social_Media_Médias sociaux_eng.ppt using hyperlinked text that reads: "Social Media presentation", you would need to insert the following text into the code:
[[Media:Social_Media_Médias sociaux_eng.ppt|Social Media presentation]]
Tips for success:
- make sure you are logged onto this wiki before you try to upload a file or edit a page.
- maximum file size for uploading files is 8 MB
- best to choose a destination filename that is bilingual
- use a meaningful name for hyperlinking - i.e. use "social media presentation" rather than "click here". This helps keep our content accessible.