Click here to access your preferences, or simply click the my preferences link at the top right of the page.
The options listed below is not a complete list. Certain options have been highlighted.
Remember to click Save after making changes.
In case you have made changes which you would like to reset, where applicable, default settings have been noted.
- This is your account name
Number of edits:
- Total number of edits, see my contributions for a detailed list
- Your e-mail address. If your e-mail address has changed due to a name change, or department change you can update your e-mail address here. Note: this wiki will automatically send a confirmation message to this address once you click the Save button.
- If left blank, your username will appear whenever you post your signature (--~~~~). You can change the appearance of your signature here to include a nickname, or your department acronym eg. (default) --Doug! 08:12, 25 November 2009 (EST)
- (edited) --[[User:|Doug]] 12:45, 25 November 2009 (EST)
- See also: Modify your signature
- This section is for changing your password. Note: You do not need to enter anything here if you are simply changing your preference options.
- See also: strong passwords
- These options control whether or not you receive email message from this wiki. (Only 'Enable e-mail from other users' is checked by default.)
- E-mail me when a page I'm watching is changed
- E-mail me also for minor edits of pages
- Enable e-mail from other users
- This allows other registered wiki users to send you an e-mail using "E-mail this user" link on your user page.
- Send me copies of emails I send to other users
- If this option is checked, when you send an e-mail message to other wiki users using the "E-mail this user" link, this option will automatically be selected.
Date and time
This setting affects the appearance of timestamps. "No preference" is the default.
"Offset" is used to display your local time on special pages. It does not affect the timestamp on Talk pages.
The default settings are:
Rows: 25 Columns: 80
- Enable section editing via  links
- An edit link appears next to sub-headings to allow editing of that sub-section only
- The editing toolbar automatically appears when editing a page
- Show preview before edit box
If the majority of your page edits tend to be minor in nature, ie. correcting formatting, grammar, or typos, you may wish to check "Mark all edits minor by default". This option automatically selects "This is a minor edit" when you edit pages.
The default settings are noted below.
Days to show in recent changes: 7
Number of edits to show in recent changes, history, and log pages: 50
- Hide minor edits in recent changes
By default, none of the options are checked. Days to show in watchlist: 3. Maximum number of changes to show in expanded watchlist: 250
- Hits per page: 20
- This is the number of results returned on each page of search results. The default number is noted above.
- Lines per hit: 5
- Check the first "n" lines on the page for the search term. If the term does not appear in the first "n" lines, don't show the context of the search result.
- Context per line: 50
- The number of characters of context per occurrence.
- Namespaces: (Main)
The following options are checked by default:
- Format broken links like this (alternative: like this?).
- Show table of contents (for pages with more than 3 headings)
- Enable "jump to" accessibility links
- Start with rich editor disabled
- Open rich editor in a popup
- Use toggle to switch between wikitext and rich editor (replace textarea with rich editor)
- For more information about the rich editor, see: Help:Rich editor.
- Remember last toggle state