|SettlementAtWork wiki Help|
There are (at least) three ways to create a page on this wiki:
- Through the search box
- Through the address (URL) bar
- Using wiki code
With the search box
When you search for something in the search box it returns a list of results that match the words you searched for. If the exact phrase or word you search for is not a page on the wiki you will be asked if you want to create it.
For example, if you searched for “Expenditure management system”, and there is no page with that title, the search results page will say:
Clicking on either of the red links on the search results page will take you to the edit page where you can create the article. Remember to name your page in accordance with the naming conventions.
Web browser's address (URL) bar
You can create a new page by typing the address (URL) of the page you want to create in the address bar of your web browser.
For example, if you want to create a page titled "Expenditure management system":
- 1.In your address bar of your web browser type the URL of the page you want to create (e. g. see the box below)
http://wiki.settlementatwork.org/Expenditure management system
- 2.Go to that page by hitting enter, or go, or whatever your browser requires
- 3.You will be prompted to create that page
Using wiki code
You can also create a new page by using wiki code. You can create internal links to pages by using the wiki code [[Example]] (two square brackets on both sides of the page you want to link to, see Help: Internal links).
For example if you want to create a page titled "Expenditure management system":
- On an existing wiki page include [[Expenditure management system]]
- This produces a red link like this --> Expenditure management system
- Click the red link, which brings you to the page Expenditure management system, which you will then be prompted to create.
- See: Help:Delete