Enhanced Language Training for Educators (ELTE)
The Enhanced Language Training for Educators (ELTE) is a resource for experienced teachers of English as a Second Language (ESL) who are facilitating English language and communication skills for a career-specific audience to meet Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) levels 7 to 9. ELTE is designed for internationally trained teachers with a CLB Level 6 or above range.
This Zip file contains 6 Module documents, along with an Introduction and a Reference document (This file format is compressed to speed up download time. You need to have a compression/decompression utlility (e.g. WinZip) installed on your computer.).
All 8 documents are in PDF format.
This publication may be reproduced for non-commercial educational purposes providing the following statement appears on all copies: Printed with permission of Citizenship and Immigration Canada © 2007
- To build knowledge and identify ?Best Practices? and effective instructional strategies used in Ontario classrooms.
- To enhance literacy skills which Ontario teachers of all disciplines are expected to teach.
- To increase awareness of how participants learn and how it affects classroom instruction.
- To enhance the communication skills of internationally trained educators to meet CLB levels 7 to 9 in order to increase employment and promotion opportunities in Canada in their field of expertise.
- To focus on oral communication and writing skills through the use of education and classroom related tasks and procedures.
- To emphasize appropriate grammar structures in meaningful spoken and written communication and reinforce oral pronunciation.
- To build awareness of cultural aspects and expectations within the Canadian workplace.
- To explore and create career action plans in the field of education.
ELTE Program: Modules Overview
This resource contains six separate Module/Facilitation guides.
Module 1: Orientation
Introductions and program overview
Ontario educational system
Module 2: Inclusive Schools
Philosophy of education
Diversity/equity of opportunity
Module 3: Classroom Culture
Learning styles/ multiple intelligences
Right brain/left brain
Module 4: Classroom Learning
Role as a teacher
Literacy: cross curricular approaches
Assessment and evaluation
Ontario curriculum unit planner
Module 5: Communication to Parents, Teachers and Administration
Parent communications: field trips,
school and classroom newsletters etc.
Module 6: Communication Within School Community
Communication with colleagues
Assessing teacher performance
Change and careers in education
Format: These documents are in PDF format, available for download in Zip format (This file format is compressed to speed up download time. You need to have a compression/decompression utlility (e.g. WinZip) installed on your computer.).