Children and Families
From Settlement AtWork Wiki
(Redirected from Category:Children)
Information and resources to help you provide effective service, information and referral and interventions to newcomer families and children.
- A Booklet for Service Providers Who Work With Immigrant Families: On Issues Relating to Child Discipline, Child Abuse and Child Neglect
- This booklet describes the concerns and questions that minority families, especially immigrant families, are likely to have about issues relating to child discipline, child abuse and child neglect - 2001.
- Child Custody And Access: The Experiences of Abused Immigrant And Refugee Women
- A report on the experiences of 93 immigrant and refugee women and their efforts to keep their children safe from further exposure to violence.
- Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ECERS) - Anti-Bias Version
- ECERS measures child care quality from a global perspective, ranking 37 aspects of a child care program on a scale from one to seven. This companion document provides operators with a tool to assess their program as it relates to addressing diversity.
- Living on the Ragged Edges - Immigrants, refugees and homelessness in Toronto - Forum Summary
- This forum, held in Toronto on March 28, 2003, provided a unique opportunity for researchers, service providers and community activists to address the various factors that help or hinder immigrants, refugees and racially marginalized diasporic communities in gaining access to and maintaining housing in Toronto.
- Protecting Children is Everyone's Business
- In the six year period between 1995 and 2001, there was a 70% increase in the number of children in care at the Childrens Aid Society of London and Middlesex — from 445 children in 1995 to 758 children in 2001. In search of answers to this community crisis, a team of researchers from the University of Western Ontario conducted a study of 1,024 child protection cases that were open to CAS in 1995 and 2001 - October 2003.
- Settlement Services for Newcomers and Access to Family Services
- A research study investigating strategies for coordinated and collaborative models of settlement service delivery in Toronto, with particular focus on family services - May 2000.
- Study on Parenting Issues of Newcomer Families in Ontario
- A study exploring the issues faced by immigrant parents within diverse ethnic backgrounds, and the supports and resources that could assist newcomer parents in addressing their parenting issues - April 30, 2001.
Pages on the wiki
To tag a wiki page to be part of this category, enter the following code on the page:
[[Category:Children and Families]]
|This page is part of the SettlementAtWork Archive.|