CERIS PAC Training Project "Knowledge for Action - Action for Knowledge"
This package is the product of the CERIS PAC Training Project "Knowledge for Action - Action for Knowledge". It is intended to be a resource training manual for community agencies serving immigrants and refugees.
The training manuals included in this training package are as follows:
- Acquiring and Interpreting Census Information
- Introduction to Accessing Available Research On Immigration and Settlement
- Researching Immigration and Settlement
- Conducting Valid and Cost Effective in House Research
- How to Utilize Research on Immigration and Settlement For Program Planning, Development and Evaluation
- Accessing Settlement and Immigration Research on the Internet
- How to Develop a Management Information System
- Using Research to Create a Management Information System
- Introduction to Action and Participatory Research
- Introduction to Qualitative Research Methods in Immigration and Settlement
- Using Research for Advocacy
- Introduction: How to Apply for Research Funds
- Introduction to Research Methodology in Immigration and Settlement
- Acquiring and Using Research for the Purpose of Funding Proposals
- Building Closer Academic - Community Collaboration
- How to Create a Client Database
- These documents are available for download in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.