Best Practices for School Settlement Workers
|Org:||Settlement Workers In Schools (SWIS)|
The best practices manual should be used as:
- a guide to assist organizational change
- a training resource
- a resource to support the implementation of SWIS wide protocols
- a resource to support continuous improvements in services
The manual is an opportunity for SWIS projects to consider their present practices and how to meet the needs of their clients. Where changes are necessary, careful planning and support should be considered to ensure that changes are incremental and implemented in a cooperative way.
The manual is broken into the following categories:
- Contact with Clients
- Communicating with the School
- Referrals From School Staff
- Referrals to Community Agencies
- Group Sessions
- This manual is available for download in Adobe Acrobat PDF format (145 KB, 13 pages).