Assessment & Intervention Methods
Effective frameworks for client assessment and intervention techniques and issues. Includes information about how individuals in different cultures express their personal problems behaviourally and where they seek help for their problems, explores common problem ownership dynamics between settlement workers and their clients.
- Immigrant Settlement Counselling: A Training Guide
- This resource is an attempt to describe the dimensions of settlement work and to provide tools that can be used to train workers to be effective settlement counsellors - 2000.
- Immigrant Settlement Counselling: A Training Guide - Part II - Module 5: Assessment
- This section provides activities to help participants understand how to effectively assess client needs and how clients express and approach their problems. It seeks to help participants understand the skills necessary to do proper assessment and gives them an opportunity to begin developing those skills.
- Immigrant Settlement Counselling: A Training Guide - Part II - Module 6: Crisis Intervention
- This section provides activities to help participants understand how to work with a client who is in a crisis situation, effective intervention techniques and provides insight into how people approach and deal with crisis differently.
- Immigrant Settlement Counselling: A Training Guide - Part II - Module 7: Mental Health Issues
- This section provides activities to help participants understand mental health issues, what mental health issues newcomers may face and how to access the mental health support networks and services in their community.
- Protecting Children is Everyone's Business
- In the six year period between 1995 and 2001, there was a 70% increase in the number of children in care at the Children's Aid Society of London and Middlesex — from 445 children in 1995 to 758 children in 2001. In search of answers to this community crisis, a team of researchers from the University of Western Ontario conducted a study of 1,024 child protection cases that were open to CAS in 1995 and 2001 - October 2003.
Related Web Sites
- Social Work Glossary
- Definitions to commonly used words in the social work field.
Pages on the wiki
To tag a wiki page to be part of this category, enter the following code on the page:
[[Category:Assessment & Intervention Methods]]
Below is a list of pages tagged with this category:
|This page is part of the SettlementAtWork Archive.|